My posting is going to be very haphazard. For now I'm just going to post as things happen, and then hopefully I will be able to work out a system as things get less chaotic. (Here's to hoping things eventually become less chaotic. Not likely. But then, God seems to like working through chaos.)
My passport has arrived in the mail! Now I'm waiting for my team leaders to e-mail me the massively long list of how to prepare for Gap Year. Inoculations, visas, travel dates, etc. I was told that the closest international airport is actually about three hours away, and I will have to take a train the rest of the way to the center. It will definitely be interesting taking a train in a foreign country with all of my luggage, having never been on a train- or in a foreign country for that matter. The lost tourist bit is sure to come in handy.
Funding is not for the faint of heart. It's both easier and harder than I thought it would be. Easier, because everything is in God's hands; harder, because there is really only so much you can do before you just have to wait. I am working for a wonderful family, I've sent letters, I'm redoing the church cook book, and I'm having a grill-out at a massive, three-day church rummage sale. Busy, busy, BUSY! I love it.
I am expecting more info from the lovely people in Wales sometime this week, so hopefully I will have more updates soon! In the meantime, please continue to pray. It means so much, and it is the most powerful thing around.
God bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment