Monday, August 30, 2010

We're Finally Going!

This post is long overdue and I apologize! Here it is!

My visa is finally here!! Emma (the other girl from the US going) and I now have tickets to fly out of O'Hare airport in Chicago at 4:20pm Monday, September 13th. From there we fly into Amsterdam, and then on to Cardiff, Wales! After that it is a short drive to where we will be staying for the training. Excited doesn't even begin to describe it!! I'm so excited that I googled pictures of all the airports. Stop laughing at me.

Fundraising is going fantastically! The outpouring of support and love has been simply amazing. I am so blessed to have a wonderful church family and network of believers to lean on. Not to mention an unbelievably supportive family! It has been just mind blowing to see how God provides through His people. He provided a chance to go, a job, the money, the travel details... an endless list of things that I found overwhelming just fell into place.

Please continue to pray as we travel! It's a huge relief not to be going alone! Pray for safety and calm as we navigate airports and time changes with our luggage and that it all goes well! Thank you!!

On another suport note, the church cookbook should FINALLY FINALLY be ready by Sunday!!! Hurray!! Another hurdle cleared!! Next comes the challenge of packing for a three month adventure with a fifty-pound airline limit... hello, vaccum space-saver bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment