Another post! Sorry for the ridiculously short update last time. We had very little free time last week, but today I have time to update properly.
I've been here almost two weeks now. I'm completely over the jet lag, thankfully. Waking up at 6:30am is awful when it feels like 1:30 in the morning...
The first week was packed full of classes and activities. It's actually been mostly sunny since we've been here, and we've been able to get outside a bit. It's been beautiful. Except for a treasure hunt that involved walking all over the town, during which it rained. And rained. And rained. And then it rained some more. It made for some very cold, soggy trainees, but it was fun.
We got some time to ourselves yesterday to spend with God. I sat on the beach and watched the tide come in. It's interesting to watch because when the tide goes out here, it goes out so far that you can't see the water anymore. It was so beautiful. And of course, the rare occasion I DON'T have my camera the sun happens to come out and decide to make the beach lovely. So today I took the camera with me while we walked out while the tide was out. (see facebook for pictures!)
This week we're only here for three days before we head off to London for a while for some cross-cultural training. We're all really excited about it. For now we have the weekend off, which is great.
I'm having to rethink my placement for the six-month period. The work I wanted to do in India isn't available anymore, so I will be praying about it, and I will update when I know where I am going!!
Thank you for you prayers!! They are much appreciated and a blessing. I will try to update as much as possible. I won't be around next weekend, but I will keep my parents updated, and they will pass it on to you! God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment